Top Candle Care Tips:
- Please ensure you read the instructions provided/ warning label with your order.
- Your first burn is the most important, burn your candle for long enough for the entire top to melt (across the entire top of the glass to the edges). This will ensure that your candle does not tunnel so that you will get an even burn each time & not waste any of your wax.
- For an optimum burn, the wick should be 5mm before burning each time, if it isn't, you can simply trim it.
- If you see any smoke, or experience a big flame, extinguish your candle & cut the wick before relighting.
- Place your candle on a heat resistant surface. Do not leave unattended, and move anything in the candle's vicinity that may catch on fire. Keep out of reach of children & pets.
- Do not burn your candle if you notice any imperfection such as a chip and/or crack. Imperfections does not include those unique features of soy wax listed below.
- Allow your candle to cool for two hours before burning again.
- Try to store your candles out of direct sunlight and in a cool, dry place.
- Monitor the amount of wax remaining in the glass. We recommend to stop burning your candle when the level is 1.5cm. This will prevent the jar overheating due to there being no/little wax remaining. This can result in the glass breaking.
- Extinguishing your candle with a candle snuffer can ensure that the wick doesn't move, or make sure that the wax doesn't spill. This can also assist in maximising candle burn times.
If your candle glass starts to blacken with use, remember to keep the wick trimmed as above. Wipe with a dry paper towel when the candle has been extinguished & cooled.
We use wicks made from cotton with braided paper fibers. They can tend to curl as they burn.
You may notice that our candles may have their own unique qualities every time. Due to the properties of soy wax, some variation is normal. You may notice some of your candles may have "wet spots", uneven adhesion, shrinkage, a frost like look on the surface, a cracking/uneven surface or sweating. Although we take measures to avoid these, please remember that they are the natural characteristics and occurrences of soy wax. These factors will not have an impact on the burn of your candle.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.